Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Apricot tree is too young to produce yet but a neighbor has a tree overflowing with fruit that was rotting on the tree so I asked if I could pick and they said yes. I made Apricot Nectar. I am not sure what else to do with the apricots. I already have a pantry full of jelly so I did not want to make any more jelly.
This the the strawberry growing box my husband made for me. It is 8 ft long with 4 tiers. It is along the garden shed facing south. I now have strawberries, rasberries, rhubarb, seedless white grapes and purple grapes with seeds (probably Concord). I have an apricot tree, plum tree, nectarine tree and pear tree. None of the trees are producing fruit as they are only in their second year. We have been knocking off the flowers. I think next year we will allow them to produce fruit. We had a peach tree but it got planted in the wrong place so we gave it to Heather and Nate. It is doing well in their backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment